- 2 Purple Onions, sliced
- 1 Apple, shredded or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dry Mustard Powder or Prepared Mustard
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Chicken Stock, gluten-free with 1 cup of water (or 1 cup prepared gluten-free chicken stock)
- 1 Pork Shoulder
Slice the onions, and chop the apple and mushrooms.
In a small bowl, mix the honey, mustard, vinegar, chilli flakes, and chicken stock. Combine well. Add the veggies to the bowl and toss.
NOTE: The prep work to this point you can do the night before, and simply refrigerate the sauce and veggies. Makes prep in the morning as simple as putting the pork and pre-made mix in a slow cooker and turning it on!
Put the pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Pour the veggie and sauce mixture over the pork.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Once cooked, shred with two forks by pulling the pork in opposite direction.